Welcome to the Neighborhood!
By Jackie Dzaluk
We know that you will love living here!
At the Lewisboro Land Trust we are proud to introduce you to all that the natural world around us has to offer. Our mission is to connect people to the land. How? Jump right in with some of these suggestions. We offer something for everyone.
- Explore our miles of trails in preserves just moments from your home, all of which are mapped out for you here: https://fieldguide.lewisborolandtrust.org/preserves/
- Participate in our many free educational walks (with headsets to maintain safe distancing). https://lewisborolandtrust.org/events
- Delve into our unique Online Nature Guide, your portal to learning all about what’s local. You will find bears, coyote, fox, turtles, snakes and more! Also find information about our preserves, habitats, and flora here: www.fieldguide.lewisborolandtrust.org.
- Visit our shady mediation garden at Old Field Preserve, located on Mead Street, Waccabuc at the intersection of Schoolhouse Road.
- While you are at Old Field Preserve, take a walk through our one mile interpretive nature trail through five different habitats (rated easy).
- Watch our YouTube channel for local content presented by our naturalists.
- Join a preschool or children’s program. For information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read about our innovative Access Nature program which connects all people to the land, regardless of ability at www.lewisborolandtrust.org.
- Visit our Native Plant Garden located at the Leon Levy Preserve Garden just off the parking lot of the Leon Levy Preserve (located on route 123 in South Salem, just south of route 35) . Be inspired and learn what you can plant in your own backyard!
- Volunteer to join our stewardship team and help to maintain our trails.
- Attend our annual educational lecture coming up in late Spring.
Best of all this is offered free of charge!
**Join our email list ** so that you can learn what is happening week to week. Drop us a note at email@example.com and we will be sure to add you.
Happy trails and again, welcome to Lewisboro!
The Board of the Lewisboro Land Trust
We are a fully accredited 501(c)3 .